Stan Lockhart has been a registered Utah lobbyist since 1997. He has served as a lobbyist for many high-profile clients including Qualtrics, IM Flash, Micron, Young Living, and more.
One of the highlights of his career was negotiating the two largest tax incentives in the history of the state. He was able to achieve this because of his work with Utah’s federal delegation, as well as the State of Utah’s executive, legislative, and judicial branches. He also represented them at the county and city level, as well as with school districts.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE IN LOBBYING:
- Economic Development –Helped craft the tax incentive policies of the state of Utah, secured the two largest tax incentives in the history of the state
- Public Education – Served on the State Board of Education. Have clients that work with the State Board of Education, school districts, charter schools, and legislature and government offices.
- Electricity, Gas, and Power – Past President of Utah Energy Users Association (made up of some of the larger businesses in the state) and served on Rocky Mountain Power’s advisory board. While in this position he determined how the interest of utility and the interest of businesses can become the same or very similar.
- Political Parties– Served as chairman of the Utah Republican Party and received the prestigious “Ronald Reagan Award” for his service in the Republican Party. He understands how the republican party works along with all the nuances associated with it. Due to this expertise, he understands how to activate the party strengths and get things done.
- Transportation– Worked with UTA on right-of-way issues. He helped negotiate a large acquisition of land by UDOT from Micron.
- Planning & Zoning and Building within Cities – Worked with planning and zoning both as a city councilman and as part of his work with Micron and IM flash. He worked on these issues from the construction side of the business.
- Water– Worked on a variety of water issues over the years on behalf of his clients.
SUPPORT THROUGHOUT LOBBYING PROCESS
We work closely with you to understand your unique advocacy objectives and/or business model helping you define your goals and providing ongoing support to help you achieve those goals.
We have extensive experience navigating federal, state, municipal, and county governments. Our connections and knowledge of these various forms of government uniquely position us to provide exceptional lobbying services in Utah and at the national level.
Reach Out to Us
Local, state and federal administrative, legislative and regulatory lobbying
Policy analysis and message development
Legislative tracking and bill monitoring
Relationship development and influencer engagement
Research, analysis, and reporting