Shaping Policy Issues
The Lockhart Group, led by Stan Lockhart, has extensive experience advocating for policy issues at the local, county, state, and federal level. Stan has an unparalleled understanding of the policy-making process and his attention to detail and creative problem-solving have helped create movement around important issues.
Instead of relying only on leveraging relationships to achieve the goals of clients, the Lockhart Group takes a much different and more sustainable approach in tirelessly seeking to find common ground between groups and develop allies across various industries and organizations.
Economic Development & Taxation
Stan Lockhart’s experience working with various industries uniquely positions him as an expert when working around economic development issues in the state of Utah. Over the past 25 years, Stan has been instrumental in bringing thousands of jobs to Utah and also led efforts to secure strategic and sustainable tax policies for organizations looking to invest in the state.
His work with everyone from small startups to major corporations, provide him the experience needed in dealing with government entities.
- Helped negotiate the two largest tax incentives in the history of the state
- Worked with National Governors Association to provided input to a “Best Practices in Economic Development” publication
- Trusted advisor to Utah Governors in crafting economic development plans for the state
- Been involved in key discussions of tax reform and tax policy
Stan’s insights into government policy and procedures make him an invaluable resource.
Stan Lockhart has long been heavily involved in promoting education objectives, even being asked by the Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce and Governor Herbert to spearhead Utah’s STEM Education efforts.
Working with the business community, the State of Utah, the federal government, and the education community, Stan helped craft what became the STEM Action Center.
Stan has served on the State Board of Education, where he developed better relationships between public education and the legislative and executive branches of Utah government.
Stan currently serves extensively in areas related to education.
Board Membership For Organizations Advocating Education:
- Thanksgiving Point Institute
- Boy Scouts of America
- Utah Alliance of Boys and Girls Club.
- Industry Advisor Board Member for the University of Utah College of Engineering
- Informal advisor for Utah Valley University and Snow College
- Boy Scouts of America
- National Park Council
- Utah STEM Action Center
- Utah Technology Council.