Stan Lockhart’s experience uniquely positions him as an expert at navigating the complexities of government. He has worked in the technology and public service field for over 25 years. During this time he has contributed to numerous important public policy and citizen initiatives. His efforts were instrumental in bringing thousands of jobs to Utah.
Since 1997, Stan has been a registered lobbyist in Utah. For the first 19 years, he represented companies (including IM flash and Micron) when dealing with Utah’s federal delegation, as well as the State of Utah’s executive, legislative, and judicial branches. He also represented them at the county and city level, as well as with school districts.
During this time, he negotiated the two largest tax incentives in the history of the state.
Areas of Expertise in Lobbying:
- Economic Development – Negotiated the two largest tax incentives in the state. Helped craft the tax incentive policies of the state of Utah, secured the two largest tax incentives in the history of the state
- Public Education – Served on the State Board of Education. Have clients that work with the State Board of Education, school districts, charter schools, and legislature and government offices.
- Electricity, Gas, and Power – Past President of Utah Energy Users Association (made up of some of the larger businesses in the state) and served on Rocky Mountain Power’s advisory board. While in this position he determined how the interest of utility and the interest of businesses can become the same or very similar.
- Water– Worked on a variety of water issues over the years on behalf of his clients.
- Transportation– Worked with UTA on right-of-way issues. He helped negotiate a large acquisition of land by UDOT from Micron.
- Planning & Zoning and Building within Cities – Worked with planning and zoning both as a city councilman and as part of his work with Micron and IM flash. He worked on these issues from the construction side of the business.
- Political Parties– Served as chairman of the Utah Republican Party and received the prestigious “Ronald Reagan Award” for his service in the Republican Party. He understands how the republican party works along with all the nuances associated with it. Due to this expertise, he understands how to activate the party strengths and get things done.
Board of Directors Memberships:
- Utah Manufacturers Association Board of Directors (13 years)
- Utah Technology Council Board of Trustees (10 years)
- Utah Taxpayer Association Board of Directors (10 years)
- Utah State Council on Workforce Services (6 years)
- Board of Directors for Utah Alliance of Boys and Girls Clubs Board of Directors (Group that provides after school programming for children)
- Board of Directors for Leonardo (Immersive science and art museum)
- Board of Directors Thanksgiving Point Institute ( a 501c organization that seeks to support transformative family learning)
- Industry Advisor Board Member for University of Utah College of Engineering.
Service for Utah Republican Party:
Stan is a recipient of the prestigious “Ronald Reagan Award” for his service in the Republican Party where he has served in virtually every grassroots position including chairman of the Utah Republican Party. He recently concluded 16 years on the Utah Republican Party State Central Committee.
Service for Local Community (Provo):
Stan is also actively involved in his local community:
- Provo City Council for four years
- Chairman when Provo hosted the 2002 Winter Olympics.
- Provo Planning Commission
- Board of Adjustment
- Provo Library Board
- Past member of the Utah Valley Chamber of Commerce Board
- Past member of the Provo Rotary Club.
Service for Youth:
Stan is involved in significant ways with Boy Scouts of America and the Utah Alliance of Boys & Girls Clubs. He is an Eagle Scout and a recipient of the Silver Beaver Award and BSA District Award of Merit.
He is a past President of the Utah Energy Users Association and served on the Rocky Mountain Power Customer Advisory Board.
He spent eight years as a Utah High School Basketball Official.